Angus Grainger, Head Boy 2015
Music is a big passion of mine, whether its composing, playing or listening, I love it all. I’m also really keen on sports and enjoy playing rugby, soccer and ultimate frisbee to name a few. Yes that's right I said ultimate Frisbee. I mentioned it because I’m very proud as our Edgewater team, which I am a part of, are Auckland champs.
I’m a hands on type of guy, Christian, always keen for an adventure and never shy to give things a go.
- The person I most admired at school when I was in Year 9 was Adam Li. I first met Adam when he was my peer support leader. I really loved how positive he was, he was really good at basketball, did really well academically and he was in our school jazz band. He kinda did everything and did everything well. I really admired that and strived to be like him.
- The subject I enjoyed most in year ten was Music.
- The most useful thing that I did during my NCEA Level 1 was sit at the front of the class. As silly as it seems it makes a huge difference to how much work you get done.
- In Year 12, the best thing about school was taking outdoor education. I learnt so much from it, stuff which can’t be taught in a class. I learnt a lot about myself too, finding out that I can do more than I think I’m capable of doing.
- One good thing about being a student leader is that I have a real opportunity to influence those around me. Influence them to not only make better decisions in school but hopefully just in everyday life.
The picture is of me doing a flip off a wharf in lake Pupuke.